Fertility Centers: Infertility treatments vary from basic to advanced. The needs of the individual will determine the most effective treatment approaches based on specialists’ recommendations.
While individual factors influence the treatment options, over time, there have been commonly used techniques for treating various causes of infertility.
Categorizing infertility into three main treatments can be done from the lens of medicine, surgery, and assisted conception. These three categories contain specific treatment plans within them. For instance, one form of assisted conception is IVF, but there are others as well, such as IUI.
Likewise, different medications are used to treat infertility. While medication is a common treatment approach for infertility, it is not appropriate for specific individuals, such as women dealing with unexplained infertility.
For more details on these top three treatment approaches, continue reading about the particular treatment offerings that may be available from a top Fertility Specialist in Dallas.
Table of Contents
1. Common Forms Of Assisted Conception
Common forms of assisted conception to treat infertility include IUI and IVF. With IUI (intrauterine insemination), a catheter with sperm is inserted into the uterus during the ovulation period.
For IVF (In vitro fertilization), a complex process involving the stimulation of the ovaries, retrieval of the egg, lab fertilization, and embryo transfer is carried out.
When you have your consultation with a fertility center in Dallas or similar, you may learn that ICSI may also be required.
2. Common Fertility Medications: Dallas Fertility Center
Injectable or oral medications can treat infertility. Depending on the patient, different medicines may be used.
At a Dallas fertility center, as well as other centers, you’ll learn that for most women, Clomiphene citrate is the primary medication used for ovulation induction.
The medicine may improve the frequency and timing of ovulation and increase the chances of conception for patients ovulating infrequently.
3. Common Surgical Procedures
- Surgery is a common approach to treating infertility, especially for those with endometriosis, polyps, or fibroids. Men may also require surgery to address varicoceles or for reverse vasectomies. With procedures offered at a top fertility clinic in Dallas or similar, the chances of conception increase.
- Many surgical treatments not only diagnose the cause of infertility but can immediately remove the noted causes. For example, with a hysteroscopy, the surgeon will look at the uterus lining through a hysteroscope to diagnose the cause of infertility, such as abnormal bleeding. When these problems are found, surgeons at your trusted fertility clinic in Dallas or similar can treat the causes during the hysteroscopy.
- Common surgical procedures at a Dallas fertility clinic and other centers include myomectomies and uterine artery embolization. Many other female infertility conditions require surgery to restore infertility, including fallopian tube blockages, pelvic adhesions, and polycystic ovary syndrome.
Reaching Your Family-building Goals With Fertility Centers Near You
To determine the best infertility treatments, contact a fertility center in Dallas. Whether you need assisted conception, fertility medication, surgery, a combination, or a different treatment entirely, the best Dallas fertility center will help you reach your goals.