The skin is the largest organ of the human body, and it deserves to be treated with the utmost care. Probiotic skincare products are one way to give your skin the nourishment and care that it needs. In fact, not only do probiotics help to keep your skin looking good, but they also have a host of other health benefits for your gut and immune system when included in your diet. But don’t eat your skincare products. That would be weird.
Happier, healthier skin isn’t just about what you eat. It’s also about what you shouldn’t eat. These days, our diets are in chaos, thanks to cheap and convenient yet supremely unhealthy options being available at every turn. But the research is in. If you want healthy skin, you’ll be doing yourself a favor by limiting these foods from your diet or eliminating them altogether:
1) Junk Food and Snacks – Processed junk food and snacks are loaded with artificial ingredients, preservatives and chemicals that are terrible for your skin. Not only do they clog your pores and make you look older, but they can also cause or aggravate skin conditions like acne, eczema and psoriasis.
2) Soda – Drinking soda is one of the worst things you can do for your skin. The sugar and acid in soda can damage collagen, leading to wrinkles and sagging skin. The caffeine in soda can also dehydrate your skin, making it look dull and lifeless. If you’re a fan of bubbly drinks, switch to carbonated water instead to wean yourself off of soda.
3) Fruit Juices – While juice may seem like a healthier alternative to soda, many are just as bad for your skin. The sugar in fruit juices can damage collagen and cause premature aging. If you’re going to drink juice, opt for those lower in sugar and consume them in moderation. A great way to mix it up is to ensure your juices have veggies in them as well. Think apple, carrot, beetroot and ginger. Or, better yet, grab a smoothie and benefit from the fiber and nutrients of whole fruits and vegetables.
4) GMOs – Genetically modified foods have only been around for a few decades. Still, they’re already hurting our health. Studies have investigated GMOs’ potential to cause organ damage, immune system problems and accelerated aging. However, they can also increase your risk of certain cancers. The jury is still out on GMOs and their exact impact on your skin, but why take the chance? There are plenty of delicious and healthy non-GMO foods to eat.
5) Dairy Products – Dairy products contain hormones that can trigger breakouts and worsen existing skin conditions. But, they also be likely to be high in sugar and have been studied for their potential to lead to inflammation. Staying away from dairy is especially important if you are lactose intolerant, even if it’s just minor. A cheat day now and again while getting help from some digestive enzymes will probably be okay. However, chowing down on cheese and other dairy products every day is likely to cause skin problems.
6) Fried Foods – Fried foods are loaded with unhealthy fats that can clog your pores and aggravate acne-prone skin. They also contain high salt levels, which can dehydrate your skin and make it look older. Sure, our bodies need some sodium, but the average American diet includes far too much these days. Limiting your intake of fried foods is a great way to keep your skin looking its best.
7) Processed Meat – Here, we’re talking about hot dogs, bacon, ham and luncheon slices like bologne and salami. Moreove, these meats are high in salt and fat, contributing to acne and other skin problems. They also tend to be loaded with preservatives and other chemicals that further aggravate your skin. If you’re eating meat, opt for leaner cuts and grill or bake them instead of frying. If you need options for sandwiches from the deli counter, pick the oven-roasted turkey instead of the ham. Better yet, explore some of the new plant-based varieties, as they are always improving their recipes.
8) Sugar and Artificial Sweeteners – We are biologically inclined to like sweet things, thanks to evolution. However, these days our diets contain way more sugar than we need. Excess sugar consumption has been linked to inflammation, aggravating acne and other skin conditions. And while artificial sweeteners are technically lower in calories, they may still harm our health.
Studies have investigated their potential to cause adverse health outcomes and continue to do so with more research recommended. In the end, it’s best to avoid them both if you want healthy skin.
9) Alcohol – You might be sad to see this one on the list, but here it is. So alcohol can dehydrate your skin and make it look older. It can also make existing skin problems worse. If you do drink, limit yourself and make sure to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water as well. If you’re drinking daily and find it hard to cut down, you may need some outside help to deal with the issue. You can reach out to a medical professional or a twelve-step program for recovery options.
So What Should You Eat?
So, what should you eat if you want healthy skin? The answer is simple: plenty of fruits and vegetables. These are loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that can help keep your skin looking its best. Most are also low in sugar and calories, making them an excellent choice for losing weight or maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Eating a varied diet that includes plenty of these foods is a great way to keep your skin looking its best. However, if you’re still looking for additional help in the skincare area, picking yourself up a high-quality skincare set with products proven to work can be a great investment. And if you’re struggling with skin problems like acne, eczema or rosacea, consult a medical professional for the best course of treatment.
Do you have any other foods that your skin loves or hates? Share them in the comments below, and let’s keep the conversation going.
Dentist In Riverside:
Brushing and flossing in the morning and evening are not enough to adequately care for your teeth. If this were…
Solo Brathuke So Better Movie Download In Telugu Movierulz
Solo Bratuke So Better is a romantic film directed by Subbu. Besides, the film Solo Brathuke So Better Movie Download…