5 Herbs You Can Prepare To Combat Or Cure Hypertension
With proper lifestyle habits, it is possible to keep hypertension under control. Now, what about natural supplements? We tell you more below.
Combating hypertension is a goal that millions of people around the world have.
This is a prevalent disease that puts health at risk and that it is convenient to keep under control as soon as the diagnosis is received.
According to the World Health Organization ( WHO ), hypertension affects millions of people worldwide.
And according to experts from the Spanish Heart Foundation, this disease can go unnoticed, since it does not produce symptoms.
When Should Hypertension Be Fought?
High levels of insulin, leptin, and uric acid are associated with the onset of hypertension. These elements rise when you eat a diet rich in sugars and processed foods.
If there is also overweight, arteriosclerosis (arterial stiffness), and stress, hypertension begins its silent dent on the health of the individual.
Any treatment to combat hypertension requires that you adopt a diet rich in fresh foods.
But balance the consumption of sodium and potassium, increase the use of magnesium and healthy fats.
It is also necessary to exercise and lead a calmer life.
A person considered to be prehypertensive when the systolic blood pressure is between 120 to 139, and the diastolic pressure is between 80 to 89.
This prehypertensive state should not be treated with drugs but with the necessary change in diet and daily routines.
When the pressure is between 140/90 and 159/99, it is called primary hypertension. But it is the one that affects 90 or 95% of cases and is associated with several factors.
Herbs And Plants To Combat Hypertension
To maintain healthy stress levels, the most important thing is to lead a healthy lifestyle.
Also, it is true that in a complementary way. And you can resort to consuming some drinks made from plants and herbs. We discuss them below.
1. Infusion Of Olive Leaves
The olive tree is not only a source of olive oil, one of the healthy fats that everyone should consume to avoid arteriosclerosis.
And according to beliefs, the infusion of its leaves can also contribute to the normalization of blood pressure.
- 2 cups of water (500 ml).
- 1 teaspoon of dried olive leaves (5 g).
- Add the olive leaves in the boil the water.
- Take away the water from the heat and let it steep for about ten minutes. The water turns an amber color when ready.
- Strain the drink and drink it in moderation.
2. Chamomile Tea And Horsetail
A combined infusion of chamomile and horsetail is excellent for fighting hypertension. Also, Chamomile widely recognized for its relaxing and diuretic properties.
In the same way, the diuretic properties of horsetail valued, which helps control blood pressure.
- 2 cups of water (500 ml).
- 1 tablespoon of horsetail leaves (15 g).
- Dried chamomile flowers 1 tablespoon of (15 g).
- Heat the water and, when it comes to a boil, add the herbs.
- Let it infuse for 3 minutes, strain, and consume.
- It is a rich infusion to start the day or to end the day of a strenuous day.
Rosemary has excellent hypotensive and diuretic properties. And it is rich in flavonoids, which helps improve blood circulation and prevent arterial stiffness.
- 4 cups water (1 liter).
- Dried rosemary leaves 1 tablespoon (15 g).
- Heat the water until it boils. Add the rosemary leaves and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 15 minutes before straining.
- Drink in moderation throughout the day.
Pomegranate is a fruit that contains antioxidants and potassium, substances that contribute to the health of the entire organism. And that, in a certain way, can help regulate blood pressure.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml).
- 1 tablespoon of pomegranate seeds (15 g).
- Blend the pomegranate seeds with a glass of water and consume—no need to strain.
- Another option is to extract the juice with an orange juicer.
According to beliefs, bay leaf is not only an essential condiment in Mediterranean cuisine.
It contains a certain amount of potassium and magnesium, two vital minerals in cardiovascular health, and, therefore, blood pressure.
It is interesting to know that, according to some research, the essential oil of bay leaves could be beneficial for health.
- 2 bay leaves.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml).
- We will add the bay leaf in a cup of boiling water and let it rest 10 minutes before straining and drinking.
- Drink in moderation.
Good Habits Are Essential To Combat Hypertension
Before starting to consume beverages made from herbs and medicinal plants. So it is essential to consult your doctor.
It allowed in mind that, for phytotherapeutic treatments to be useful. And it is necessary to use them with caution.
The following home remedies are NOT a substitute for medical treatment.
Therefore, the most recommended is to consume them as an adjunctive treatment (as long as the health professional authorizes it).
Also Read: 10 Golden Rules of being Healthy
How Do I Know If I Have Erectile Dysfunction?
Some men want to talk about their failure to get or maintain an erection. However, erectile dysfunction can have an…
New York Fitness Trainer, Christopher Lee Shares 5 Science-Backed Ways to Slow Muscle Aging
New York Fitness Trainer, Christopher Lee Shares 5 Science-Backed Ways – Advanced muscle loss, called sarcopenia, affects the quality of…